The Barrington Hills Park District (BHPD) owns and operates the Riding Center, located at 361 Bateman Road, Barrington Hills. The Riding Center consists of 15 acres located immediately to the west of the Spring Lake Forest Preserve.
The BHPD was organized on July 19, 1967; and the Riding Club of Barrington Hills transferred ownership of the Riding Center property to the BHPD on October 26, 1972.
The Riding Center has an indoor area and stalls, one large outdoor arena and a small outdoor warm-up arena, wash racks, a round pen and parking for trailers with convenient access to the Forest Preserve trails.
Essential information when visiting the Riding Center
Riders of all equestrian disciplines are welcome to ride at the Riding Center. Please be prepared to adjust your riding program to accommodate the current conditions in the riding arenas. Courtesy and safety should guide your behavior.
The Barrington Hills Park District Riding Center is an unsupervised facility. You ride at your own risk and assume all risk of injury when you are on Park District property.
All riders must:
- Wear a proper helmet (SEI/ASTM approved)
- Review and follow the General Facility Rules and Regulations for the BHPD Riding Center
- Leave the arena as you found it. Remove your jumps and manure
- Stay out of the arena during maintenance
- Dismount before entering aisle
- Submit a Liability Waiver/Helmet Policy
- Observe arena etiquette. When you ride in a Riding Center Arena you are responsible for knowing proper arena etiquette. We’ve provided Arena Etiquette Rules for your review.
WARNING: Under the Illinois Equine Activity Liability Act, each participant who engages in an equine activity expressly assumes the risks of engaging in and legal responsibility for injury, loss, or damage to person or property resulting from equine activities.
Rider Forms and Policies:
- Rider’s Release Waiver
- Riding Center Rules & Regulations
- Riding Ring Etiquette
- Riding Center Maintenance Schedule
- List of Authorized Trainers
Essential Information when using Forest Preserve Trails:
Essential Information for Trainers:
The Riding Center’s barns and arenas may be rented for community events. Please select one of the online rental forms below. (Rental forms are currently being revised, please email, email@example.com, to request a form.