1. A signed Waiver, Release, Defend, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement is required to be on file in the Park District office before you are authorized to use the property or facilities. This document is available on-line or in the information stall at the Riding Center.A signed Waiver, Release, Defend, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement is required to be on file in the Park District office before you are authorized to use the property or facilities. This document is available on-line or in the information stall at the Riding Center.
2. An SEI/ASTM equestrian helmet (“Helmet”) is required to be worn by all riders mounted on a horse
while on Park District property and the Park District does not provide any Helmet.
3. Trainers and instructors are required to register with the Barrington Hills Park District. Training and/or instruction is not permitted without registration.
4. Cook County Ordinances require dogs to be leashed at all times while on Park District property and/or Cook County Forest Preserve property.
5. Under Illinois law, smoking is prohibited within all buildings on Park District property.
6. The vehicle speed limit is 10 mph on Park District property.
7. The outside area along the east side of the main barn and indoor arena is designated as a No Parking Area because the doors located there are emergency exits for both people and horses.
8. You must remain on Park District property and supervise your horse while it is in a paddock. Horses may not be left unattended in the paddocks. Unattended horses will be removed and placed in a stall. Please limit paddock turn-out time to 1/2 hour if others are waiting to use the paddock. No turn-out is allowed when the footing in the paddock is soft.
9. Horses may not be left on Park District property overnight unless an actual emergency arises. If an actual emergency arises, please leave your name, phone number and basis of the emergency on the stall door and also leave that information in a message or the Park Board staff at (847) 783-6772.
10. You are required to clean up after yourself and your horse before leaving the facility including stalls. Please turn off all lights if you are the last to leave the facility.
11. During the indoor riding season (November 1 through April 30) please adhere to the posted Winter Indoor Arena Riding Schedule.
12. Barrington Hills Park District, and anyone acting on its behalf, is authorized, but not obligated, to secure emergency medical attention for you and, while it will make reasonable efforts to notify your emergency contact if this information is made available, it cannot guarantee such contact will be successful prior to securing medical attention. You are responsible for the costs of all such services for your medical care.
Indoor and Outdoor Arena General Rules and Regulations
1. Do not leave your horse unattended in an arena.
2. There is no tying of horses in any arena.
3. No lunging, in-hand/unmounted work or loose horses are allowed in an arena unless there are no other mounted riders present.
4. Clean up after yourself and your horse after you have left an arena.
5. All riders are welcome to ride in an arena during lessons EXCEPT during scheduled Pony Club lesson time November 1 through mid May.
6. Arena maintenance has priority over riding and is typically done between 5:00 AM and 8:30 AM. Please do not enter an arena during maintenance and exit an arena immediately for maintenance to begin. (Note: maintenance schedules may vary due to changing conditions and priorities.)
7. No ponying of horses in the indoor arena.
8. Arenas open to all riders during trainer lessons except for during Pony Club lessons on Sundays.
9. No more than 3 riders allowed in group lessons.
Indoor Arena: Please remember to remove all jumps, barrels, poles, cones and dressage letters after your use. Please return all equipment to the jump storage stall.
Note: Although the suggested capacity of the indoor arena is approximately 8 riders/horses, each rider must determine for themselves whether or not they feel they can safely ride under the circumstances they find in the arena when they enter it.
Outdoor Arena: Please remember that only 4 plastic jumps may remain in the outdoor arena after your use of it. Please remove any additional jumps, poles, barrels, cones and dressage letters after your use.