1. Trainer agrees to comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, including but not limited to these Trainer Rules and Regulations and the Riding Center Rules and Regulations set forth by the Barrington Hills Park District, including the Winter Indoor Arena Schedule.
2. Trainer must sign the Park District Waiver, Release, Defend, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement and Helmet Policy to obtain a permit to use the Riding Center for horse training or riding instruction.
3. Beginning June 1, 2016, all registered trainers are required to carry horse Trainer Liability Insurance with a liability limit of one (1) million dollars or more. The Certificate of Insurance must list the Barrington Hills Park District as an additional insured. Proof of coverage must be provided to the Park District by having your insurance carrier mail a Certificate of Insurance to the Barrington Hills Park District office at PO Box 1393, Barrington, IL 60011.
4. Prior to use of the Riding Center, Trainer must obtain and deliver to the Park District the Park District Waiver, Release, Defend, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement and signed Helmet Policy from each of his/her students or, if the student is a minor child, from each parent of the minor child. Prior to use of the Riding Center, a Trainer must obtain a Park District Waiver, Release, Defend, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement signed by each owner of a horse that Trainer will work with at the Riding Center. Trainer shall use for this purpose the forms provided by the Park District.
5. Trainers are responsible for informing their students of the Riding Center Rules and Regulations set forth by the Park District and are responsible for the actions of their students and horses.
6. Trainers must schedule their lessons on the Barrington Hills Park District on line calendar at bhillsparkd.org/bhpd-calendar in advance of conducting any such lessons and remove any cancelled lessons.
7. Lessons/training do not have the right-of-way. Do not monopolize the ring if other riders are present. Be aware of all riders and adjust your lesson or ride accordingly.
8. Trainers are solely responsible for providing adequate and appropriate supervision for their lessons and training and must conduct their lessons and training in a safe manner for all riders and horses present.
9. Trainers are solely responsible for determining whether the sections of the Riding Center used in connection with their lessons and training are safe, suitable and appropriate for their use and their students’ and horses’ use and shall inspect the same prior to and subsequent to each use to determine that said sections are safe and suitable.
10. Trainers are solely responsible for the care, custody, and control of any of their personal property or equipment brought onto Park District property. The Park District does not assume the care, custody, or control of any personal property or equipment brought upon Park District property.
11. If not riding, leave the arena promptly after a lesson if the arena is crowded, if the arena is at capacity (8 horses), and if others are waiting to enter the arena.
12. The undersigned Trainer acknowledges and agrees that he/she is not an employee, independent contractor, agent, representative, or other affiliate of the Barrington Hills Park District, but is merely issued a permit to use the Riding Center to provide horse training and/or riding instruction to Trainer’s own clients. The undersigned Trainer agrees not to advertise or represent him/herself as an employee, independent contractor, agent, representative, or other affiliate of or for the Park District, advertise or represent his/her training or instruction services as a Park District program or joint program, or otherwise imply any affiliation with the Park District.
13. The Park District reserves the right to revoke any permit issued to a Trainer due to misrepresentation, misconduct of, or misuse of property by Trainer, Trainer’s students or other individuals associated with Trainer or Trainer’s use of the Riding Center, failure to comply with Riding Center Rules Regulations or Park District ordinances, or for any other reason deemed necessary or desirable by the Park District in its sole discretion for public safety or preservation of property, or otherwise in the Park District’s best interest.
14. The Park District reserves the right to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time. It will endeavor to provide advance notice of such modifications.