2017 was a busy and productive year for the Barrington Hills Park District. Thanks to the support and guidance of our residents, the Park District completed an impressive list of projects that we believe will add to the enjoyment of those living in our unique village.
- Spent $170,000 to completely renovate the six tennis courts at Countryside School.
- Continued partnership with Barrington Area Tennis Association to promote youth tennis
- Improved the footing in the outdoor arena at the Riding Center
- Co-sponsored the “Hills Are Alive” community event
- Co-sponsored the “Veterans Honor Ride”
- Co-sponsored “Ignite the Night” event to support local conservation
- Hosted the 2017 FRVPC Mini Event
- Hosted the 2017 Horse Trials
- Provided facilitates and support for the BraveHearts Veterans’ Trail Ride
- Facilitated a variety of educational programs for youth and adults
- Completed a wide range of safety, repair, and maintenance projects including installing a swale to improve drainage
Taking into account input from residents, these are some of the projects we are aiming to complete in the coming year:
- Supporting community-wide programs and events to attract new users
- Maintaining, upgrading and/or expanding existing facilities
Looking to you
Barrington Hills households pay, on average, just $78 in park district taxes per year. That’s a tiny fraction of what residents in neighboring communities pay. Which is why we welcome your tax deductible donations to help us continue to maintain — and improve — one of the community organizations that help make our village so special.